Tuesday, May 18, 2010

A recipe, An experiment, and a request. . .

I've been craving a good grilled cheese lately. This looks fantastic!

Recently for a post-church lunch, I made waffled grilled cheese. It was fun, and easy (though I am still working out some of the kinks (cleaning burnt cheese must be done while the waffle iron is still hot).

So here goes. . .

Waffled Grilled Cheese!
Ingredients:
Cooking Spray
Bread
Butter
Cheese
Toppings (optional)

Tools:
Waffle Iron

To do:
Heat waffle iron and spray with cooking spray. Butter outsides of bread slices and cut cheese. Put one slice of bread, butter side down, on the waffle iron. Add cheese (not too much, you don't want it to get on the waffle iron if at all possible). Add toppings if desired (tomatoes, bacon, basil, apples--sliced thinly). Add top slice, butter side up.

Press down with the waffle iron, hard. Don't break your waffle iron, but don't let it wussily rest on top. Be careful, steam will come out of the waffle iron, and so you need to avoid getting burned.

I figured out how long it takes by peeking every so often--the time it takes for the light to go off was longer than I like it (I like my grilled cheese slightly grilled, not really grilled). Remove, and eat. The quarter-cut, small-holed waffle iron I have, made perfect rip-able quarters, and I loved that each little square had a little pocket of cheese.

They were delicious, but your bread and cheese (and optional toppings) cannot be too bulky or it doesn't come out right. We plan to experiment more.

Finally, the request. It is over, my sisters. It is time I graduated from the ward, and with that, I believe the D3 Delish Dish needs a new mommy. One who has a little more time on her hands. And who will build it back up to its glory days. Any takers? I'll still happily contribute as a guest if asked. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment