Saturday, October 31, 2009

Shaking up dining in

So, for November's Dining In, I wanted to try something different. We have routinely had only about 8-12 show for a Dining In, so I thought we could do something like this (If we have more interest, we'll add another main dish and a little more of everything):

Fall Food is the theme
Assignments:
Drinks (1 person):
  • BRu - Blueberry Limeade
Appetizers (2 spots left):
  • ALDyer - Fire Roasted Tomato Vegetable Soup
Salads (1 spot left)
  • Zahra - Apple, Pomegranate goodness
Sides (2 spots left)
  • TRu - Garlic Bread
Main Dish (1 spot left)
  • Lindy - Lasangna
Dessert (1 spot left)
  • Julianne - Pumpkin Chiffon Pie

We'll meet at the Jumanji House at 7pm on Saturday, November 14th. Please let me know what you will bring in the comments, and I will update the post as we get more people. Please also bring your recipe, and we will post it here. Please RSVP by Friday, November 13. We can always add more items, but I want to make sure we have all the first bases covered.

If you would be willing to host one of these dinner groups, please let me know, and we will start a rotating schedule of themes and dishes. Thanks!

ETA: Thanks to all who came! I thought dinner was perfect! I cannot wait for the recipes.

5 comments:

  1. I'll bring an appetizer! I was thinking about doing Twice-baked Gruyere and Potato Souffle, but I'm wondering if it's ok to do a Fire-roasted Tomato soup? Do we want finger foods or will be be doing a sit down?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Either sounds awesome! I will wait with bated breath!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I finally remembered the website and this fell on a night that I could come...and I FAILED! Please someone...don't let me miss dining in next time!! (I need help ;) -britt

    ReplyDelete