Sunday, April 19, 2009

Dining In: Waffle Bar

Deeply pocketed squares or small-holed round waffles? That was the question of the day yesterday as a few of us met to enjoy a dining in waffle bar and plan the structure of Dining Outs to come. Marti is all for the small rounds--that way they evenly hold all of your goodies and no one divot gets too much topping--equality in bite. I normally agree, but for some reason yesterday, I was reaching for the square waffles with the deeper holes. Strange. It is the dilemma of a two waffle iron house--choices, choices.

With strawberry puree, chocolate sauce, syrup, or the funky French cookie spread (that was like 5000 calories per 1/4 cup), and a healthy dose of whipped cream, we chatted about food, farmers markets, and so much more. The end was spent lazily talking about our Saturday plans as we nibbled grapes, pineapple, and a little bacon.

All in all, I felt I learned more about the other sisters who were there--and I cannot wait for next month's. Mac & Cheese party at Marti's (we'll have a date for you shortly). Make Mac & Cheese, bring a recipe, and try some of everything (and remember, you can bring friends, even if it is just to steal their amazing mac & cheese recipe). I recently made a three-cheese, ham and asparagus, mac & cheese that was delicious; but I am going to have to really think about what I am going to bring next month. Mac & Cheese Dining In will be the stuff that dreams are made of.

1 comment:

  1. It's true, small-hole waffles are the only way to go.

    ReplyDelete