Sunday, April 5, 2009

Dining Out: Nantucket

Twelve of us dined out last evening. I knew some of the people there were foodies, but I was truly pleased by those I didn't know were foodies joining the group. Reading the menu was a pleasure. There were so many choices that seemed perfect. Truly rough battles were fought between Chicken Pot Pie or Sauteed Shrimp & Scallops. Or Pine Nut Salad vs. the Cranberry Bog (Hot roasted turkey with warm stuffing, cranberry sauce and mayonnaise, served on a grilled French bread roll). The french fries were lauded, but the onion rings looked like perfection. The fry bread brought to the table melted in your mouth without being too oily. The crab dip burst in an explosion of flavor off your tongue. After having my wisdom teeth out the day before, the Lobster bisque and mashed potatoes with homemade country gravy were savory moments of tasty goodness.

Though, I expect a few entries from those who went last night, or at least critiques of your dish in the comments, I truly had a fantastic experience. As each of us bit into a final bite of Chocolate Sundae Cake, I knew that we were sisters of this perfect shared experience--chocolate and cookies, combined with white cake and a whipped cream frosting, tantalizing your taste buds in an exquisite moment of pure delight. And we were sisters of a shared gospel, coming together to enjoy good company and great food.

2 comments:

  1. Nantuket was GREAT! I agree that the fry bread was very good. For my main course I enjoyed the Buffalo Chicken Salad. I crave hot and spicy things and this was just what I needed. Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you took us to Nantuket the following week or whenever it was! It was fabulous, the kabobs I had (even though they were late) were mouth watering, even later on in the night when I reheated the left overs! They were accomadting for the twins and that cake was not only huge, but to die for! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete