Tuesday, May 12, 2009

What Guys Eat

Holiday:

hey, tell me how you made that rice pudding

Josh:

leftover rice
2 cups rice
3 cups milk (but half of that was coconut milk)
uummm
2/3 cup sugar
some vanilla
raisins
boil/simmer
that seems like everything

This was my facebook conversation with my friend Josh. I went over to his house on Sunday for our weekly Arrested Development party and he gave me homemade rice pudding. It was so delicious! Not only that, his roommate made this really great spice-encrusted baked chicken (except he was grinding red pepper and it was making our eyes sting--I don't recommend doing that at home.) Not only did these two guys cook, but they frequently have conversations about cooking. It is endlessly fascinating to me. Anyway, I have not tried making this rice pudding myself, but I'm going to, because it was delicious, and infinitely superior to the cornbread he made the previous Sunday out of Jiffy blueberry muffin mix and canned corn! Guys can definitely cook, but sometimes they make the strangest things. Don't even get me started on cake-in-a-bowl!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, don't knock cake in a bowl. . . It can be very yummy. :) My brother Nathan was always amazing at throwing stuff together--his quesedillas--So good. I was always very jealous of that talent.

    ReplyDelete